If a person laughs loudly alone in his house or outside, people may think that he is mad. The laughter caused by mimicry or Jokes with patients does not last long. The Laughter Therapy is an excellent type of exercise which all, young and old, can do alone or in a group. For laughing, you do not need any training nor need any costly equipments. If you take the exercise in a group, you get motivation and do not leave it midway. This exercise does not bore you and you need to spare only 30 to 40 minutes. This exercises is especially good because it does no harm and gives immediate benefits.
The Laughter Therapy has two parts
Part 1 – Laughter Pranayam
Part 2 – Whole Body Exercise
PART 1 – Laughter Pranayam
In the first type, one laughs freely and loudly with open mouth. (Attahasya) In the second type, one laughs without any sound with closed mouth. (Maun Hasya) In the third type, one pours out loud outbursts of lauhter through the throat like neighing of horse. (Ashwa Hasya)
All these three excercises are performed for 5 times. One can perform these exercises. In the house, in the garden or on the terrace, While performing these exercises, one raises the hands up, brings them down and bends the body at the waist according to one’s ability.
PART 2 – Whole Body Exercise
Exercises of muscles and joints of the whole body (whole body exercises)
A – Upper Body Exercise
1.Exercise of the Neck
Stand with your hands on the waist. Keep your feet slightly apart. Bend your neck so that the chin touches the chest. When, ‘start’ order is given, turn your neck round from the left to the right. When it is said, ‘Reverse’, turn it round from the right to the left.
2. Exercise of Shoulders
Keep your feet side by side. Keep your arms parallel to your legs on both sides when ‘start’ order is given, move the left arm five times from forward to backward in a circular motion. Similarly, when ‘Reverse’, order is given move the left arm again five times from backward to forward. Similarly, move the right arm five five times forward and backward in a round motion.
3. Exercise of the Elbows
Stand on your feet, kept slightly apart. Keep your arms on both of your sides. Keep your palms open. When ‘start’ order is given bend both your arms simultaneously at the elbow and touch both the fingers of both hands. Do this five times.
4. Exercise of the wrist
Stand on your feet, kept slightly apart. Stretch both your arms forward to your front with closed fists. When, ‘start’ order is given move both your fisted wrists clockwise and anticlockwise five times, one by one. Similarly when ‘Reverse’ order is given move both your wrists in the reverse.
5. Exercise of fingers of hands
Stand on your feet kept slightly apart, stretch both your arms on both sides with out streched fingers with. When ‘start’ order is given open and close the fingers of both your hands simultaneously five times once with thumb outside and once with thumb inside while closing the fingers.
B – Lower Body Exercise
1. Exercise of the Waist
Stand on your feet, kept slightily apart. Bend your waist forward at the angle of 45 degres. When start order is given move your body (above the waist) round from the left to the right. Similarly when ‘Reverse’ order is given move your body (above the waist) round from the right to the left. Do this five times.
2. Exercise of the Hip Joints
Without bending the knee raise your legs five times frontwards, backwards and sidewards first with left & then with right leg.
3. Exercise of the Knee Joints
Keep your feet side by side. Stretch both your arms frontwards. When ‘start’ order is given bend your hip joints and knees at the right angle and give your body the shape of a chair. Keep your back straight. Do this five times.
4. Exercise of the Ankles
When ‘start’ order is given lift he weight of your body by rising high first on the forefoot (panta) and then on the heel. Do this five times with both your feet simultaneously.
5. Exercise of the Fingers of the Feet
Stand first with left & then right heel, fingers pointing upwords. Move the fingers front & backwords five times for both the feet our after another.
C – Middle Body Exercise
1.Exercise of bending frontwards from waist
Stand on your feet kept slightly apart. Raise both your arms up. While you bend down frontwards, breathe out. While you resume the original position, breathe in. Do this five times.
2. Exercise of bending backwards from waist
Stand on your feet, kept slightly apart. Raise both your arms up. When the ‘start’ order is given you bend your body backwards above the waist. Breathe in deeply. While you resume the original position, breath out. Do this five times.
3. Exercise of bending sidewards from waist
Stand on your feet kept slightly apart. Raise up your arms up and clasp their corresponding fingers. When ‘start’ order is given bend your hands with clasped fingers, first to the left and then to the right. Do it five times.
4. Exercise of touching your knee by fingers
Stand on your feet kept side by side keep both your arms on sides. When ‘start’ order is given lower your left hand fingers on your left as far as they go upto or below the left knee. At the same time, bend your right arm at the elbow and raise the right hand as high as the armpit. Do this exercise by bending five times leftwards and five times rightwards.
5. Exercise of moving the upper body round
Stand on your feet kept slightly apart with out strached arms. When the ‘start’ order is given twist with waist above but not immediately after meals.
Rules for whole body exercise
1. These exercises are meant for increasing the power and capacity of body’s main joints and muscles.
2. You have to perform all these fifteen exercies in fifteen minutes.
3. You are requested to do all these exercises without straing your body.
4. If you are having B.P., Anaemia or any kind of Heart problems, if you are taking any sedatives please do all these exercises carefully.
5. You can do all these exercises at any time and the day but not immediately after meals.
Scientifically Laughter Therapy is an ideal exercise.
Ideal exercise is one where all three components of exercise are included –
1. In arobic part you increase the performence of Heart, your Lungs and your blood vessels. All the dynamic exercise like Walking, Jogging, Running, Cycling, Swmming, Boating, Mountaineering, Hocky, Football, Vallyball, playing are arobic exercise. You have to perform these exercise for 30 minutes, your body gets maximum oxygen when you do these exercise.
2. In muscle part you perform all the exercises that you do in older time in Gymnasium and in present time in Health Club. This exercises are done to increase your muscle power and muscle endurance.
3. In joint part you perform all the flexibility exercises you do while doing Yogasan.
4. To keep yourself in totally fit condition you have to give 40 minutes of your time to do all the above three types of exercises. Viz 30 minutes Aerobic exercise, 5 minutes of muscular exercise and 5 minutes of flexibility exercise.
5. Laughter Therapy exercise is considered an ideal exercise because all the three componants
(2) Muscular and
(3) Flexibility are included